Friday

Silly Thanksgiving Memes..


As the woman of the family who cooks the entire Thanksgiving meal, I have found over the years that there are certain people that I want and need in the kitchen with me, and there are certain people who I do not.  So Aragorn here from the Lord of the Rings meme says it beautifully...

 Then, I've got my little guys, who God love them, want to help me, but make everything 10x harder for me.  I try to find something simple for them to do even if it means one or two more messes to clean up.


Then there's this guy - who parks himself in front of the TV and watches football the entire time.

 Luckily, it is not my hubby.  Thankfully, at Thanksgiving, my hubby is a huge help...much like Ryan here.

I made a meme that would best describe how I feel when I am trying to get everyone to come and eat while it is still hot.  I mean the timing of the food is so crucial - and you only have so much oven space and time to carve the turkey while it's at the perfect temperature - so I get a little stabby when I have to repeat myself that dinner is ready.  This. Is. Sparta.  My Greek temper flares up.
One year, I decided to buy Heinz gravy from a jar.  EVERYONE raved about my gravy that year.  What. The. Hell!  So guess what, every year - I sneak a jar of gravy into a saucepan and wipe the sweat from my brow.  Shhhhh it's my dirty little secret.

If I am going to cook this much food, what I really need is a fancy shmancy commercial sized wall oven that can accommodate a turkey, a ham, and all of the side dishes.  Oh, and Santa, bring me another refrigerator, too.  What's First World Problems girl complaining about?  I have to put some of my stuff outside in the cold  when the fridge is booked up.  


There's one person in the crowd that has to make a comment if I forgot to put something out...and it's not their first time at the rodeo - so they could just get it for me and quit complaining.
and then...

And there you have it, another successful Thanksgiving where everyone ate, drank, and was merry all day.

And I'm thankful for you...all of you...my family, friends, pets, who giggle at me, with me and around me on  a daily basis.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Smile.  Life is Good.

xo,
DG

(all memes made by me. I meme me.  I mean me.)

13 comments:

  1. These made me laugh..thanks for a giggle to start my day, DG. I know every one of these characters all too well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - glad I could make you laugh! I know, we can all relate to these characters! xo

      Delete
  2. I hate when I have to tell people more than once to come and eat but from now on, I will laugh thinking about your Sparta guy. Pretty funny stuff and glad we can laugh at ourselves! Have to share this with some friends of mine for sure.Laurie B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Just seeing his hilarious face makes me wonder how close to making that face I actually get! We'll be laughing together, Laurie! Happy Thanksgiving to you! :)

      Delete
  3. FUNNY, FUNNY POST!! We can ALL relate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fishy!! happy Thanksgiving love! xo

      Delete
  4. I have to say that on holidays, the family is *usually* in the immediate vicinity and shows right up when the food is ready. Probably because I have told them we would be eating a good hour beforehand and they're starving! (Not intentionally, everything just always seems to take longer than I think)

    Now on a daily basis... this is when they drive me bananas. I'll be in the kitchen, CLEARLY making dinner, and suddenly five minutes before serving time they've all vanished. *Poof* Hello? I need someone to set the damn table and pour the beverages and help me schlep the food I've taken the time to prepare TO the table? And it will taste better hot? GRRRRR.... So I text everybody (no, we don't live in a giant mansion, they just hate it when I yell and frankly my tone is not always pleasant), and then they straggle in and everything finally gets done. Modern version of Frustrated Mom and Intercom I guess!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you DG, and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'schlep the food' - - bahahaa!~! love it! You crack me up!!!
      xo happy tgiving my friend!

      Delete
  5. I think this might be the funniest Thanksgiving post I've ever read...and EVERY WORD IS TRUE!! I am loving it. EVERY SINGLE GRAPHIC is hysteria inducing. I'd tell you my favorite, but I can't choose! AWESOME!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gravy trick - that is so something I would do. And I think the "make a plate" one is my favorite. It reminds me of my mom. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothin to see here! *as I toss jar in recycle bin...* All Good Hostesses have Bad Secrets - right?? xo

      Delete
  7. Love. Them. All. So funny! I will be projecting this post on the wall as I host Thanksgiving. Did I mention I love this post? xoxo Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Support random acts of kindness and leave me a nice comment..it totally counts as a good deed.