|BlogU Faculty (photo by Kelley of Kelley's Breakroom Blog)|
This past weekend I had the honor and privilege of being on the faculty of the Blog U Conference at the University of Notre Dame in Baltimore, Maryland. BlogU was a conference presented by The Blog University for women, moms, bloggers, and writers. After an incredible day of learning, everyone was ready to kick it old school and have some laughs at the 80's Retro Prom sponsored by NickMom.
So in honor of our beloved NickMomProm sponsors, the incredible NickMom team and the BlogU girls, I'd like to dedicate this Top 9 List TO NickMom and say thank you for changing how I feel about my Prom Memories.
|Frugalista, YKIHAYHT and DG testing out the Archway (photo by Ellen at Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms)|
Personally, I think EVERYONE who had a less than perfect prom should get to do it again when they are much older. It was so much more fun, less stressful, and created so many hilarious memories I don't even know where to begin. The beauty of being older is you don't sweat the small stuff, you don't cry in a corner because your date is dancing with someone else (if you're crying, it's because your spanx are too tight), and you truly enjoy singing and dancing with your friends and forgetting about your worries for a while!
A HUGE shout out and thank you goes out to our amazing BlogU Faculty, our spectacular sponsors and the attendees that traveled from near and far to be with us, learn from us and with us, and model the best of the 80's prom dresses for the love of all that is fun.
Without further blah blahs, here it is...and forgive me for rambling but I'm runnin' on empty ova he-ah.
TOP 9 THINGS I LEARNED FROM GOING TO PROM IN MY 40'S....
1. I may have forgotten to pick up peanut butter for the kids' lunches tomorrow, but I remembered every single word to Bust a Move.
|The place ERUPTED with singing! Glad I'm not the only one whose brain retains the important stuff!|
2. The tighter your hairband, the more severe your headache. OUCH.
|The fabulous Suburban Snapshots and I sporting the side pony.|
3. The higher your heels, the more Band-Aids you'll need.
|Contrary to what my feet may look like today, the answer is no, I do not drive a rickshaw for a living.|
4. You don't have to drink to have an after-prom hangover.
|I stayed up until 1:30 am and you would think I haven't slept in 2 weeks.|
5. Screaming the lyrics to Salt-n-Pepa can and will be used against you when trying to speak later.
|This morning I woke up to find that my voiced changed from a 40 year old woman to a 98 year old man who smoked 42 packs a day in his lifetime. Thank you Salt n Pepa and the classics.|
6. Your bladder is stronger than you give it credit for.
|The fact that I did NOT pee myself while laughing hysterically at this photo of me and Tara from You Know It Happens at Your House too is a TESTAMENT to my bladder. So many people made me laugh that my abdomen HURTS today from the convulsing. (photo credit -Kim of Let Me Start by Saying|
7. Laughing uncontrollably truly is the best ab workout that you can do for your muffin top. (See above)
8. No matter how many years pass, you will never, ever forget how to do the Electric Slide.
9. After-prom in your 40s may not be held in a bowling alley, but you'll still feel like someone beat the hell out of you WITH a bowling ball the next day.
|The best way to describe how badly my feet hurt is this photo from Stephen King's Misery. (okay, I'm exaggerating..but you get it, right?) |
Love and Laughs...and all that Jazz.